Welcome to the AILA Rome District Chapter's home on the web.
The RDC is the source of a lot of excitement in the field of consular processing. We're not a geographic-based chapter as a content-based chapter, and are open to all AILA members involved with the visa application process and related consular issues. We've also adopted Outbound Immigration as part of our brief.
Our executive leadership includes a former senior member of the Foreign Service (consular-coned), a former chair of the AILA-DOS liaison committee, two current members of AILA-DOS liaison, and one of the attorneys most responsible for introducing Outbound Immigration to the AILA agenda.
Our conferences have become the absolute standard in the field of consular processing (AILA has never had events which bring our members so closely together with foreign service officers). You've probably also seen our Practice Pointers published on InfoNet. For further reference, a copy of our new chapter newsletter, containing original source materials on consular processing and other issues, is attached.
In addition to all this, we offer our members the following:
- In-chapter listserv for consular processing issues
- In-chapter consular processing mentor program
- Pro bono activities (for example: we're becoming involved with AILA's Military Assistance Program on a chapter basis, and hope to establish an immigration law mentoring program for JAGs at US Army bases in Europe)
- Special consular post liaison reports.
- Periodic chapter meetings with consular officials (for example: several of our members recently met with the senior officers in Paris and Mumbai).
- Access to member resources in the field of outbound immigration
We are the newest AILA chapter with an open slate and seek to continually benefit from the experience of AILA members in processing visa cases, and in writing and speaking about visa processing issues. We're open to (and indeed appreciative of) any ideas you'd offer, and would love to include you all in our ongoing initiatives.